[comp.sys.mac] WindChooser & Re: What do I want to see in the Apple of the 90's?

6600pete@hub.UUCP (12/16/89)

From article <9878@thor.acc.stolaf.edu>, by sobiloff@agnes.acc.stolaf.edu (Blake Sobiloff):
> In article <10077@zodiac.ADS.COM> jtn@zodiac.ADS.COM (John Nelson) writes:
> Well, there *is* a new piece of software called WindChooser that provides
> four differnt WDEFs for you to play with, and the promise to provide more
> if people send the author more so he can distribute them.  They're pretty
> nice (no, I don't have any affiliation... :-)

Hee hee. I do. I just got an idea via mail for a push-to-back button in the
title bar. Doesn't sound too hard to do, even though I've never written a
WDEF from scratch. Plus there's a newer version of the NeXT WDEF that handles
color that I could probably replace the old one with. Perhaps I'll put the
button in the color NeXT WDEF...

> Er, I recently attended a very impressive demo of a NeXT cube here at St. Olaf
> and I know that I could start putting together applications that worked well in
> about a day or two.

But they would be applications constructed from NeXT-supplied objects. I daresay
they wouldn't be radically innovative. I'm talking, here, about development
on the order of WriteNow, which they probably showed you at the demo. Definitely
not written in one to two days... :-)
Hire this kid  | Mac, DOS, C, Pascal, asm, excellent communication skills