[comp.sys.mac] THE COLONY

shulman@slb-sdr.UUCP (Jeff Shulman) (08/18/88)

I play it on my Plus at home with no problems.  I don't feel like duplicating
and or carrying the "decoder" to my Mac II at work.

There is one crucial hint I "stumbled" upon while exploring the
5-Delta-5 colony (I won't blatantly repeat it here).  If you read the
last few sentences of the first slide in the conference room it should
become clear.  Once you realize this fact you will literally "clean
up", so to speak ;->

One hint I'll give is that the 5-Delta-5 colony entrance is located at the
2 o'clock position assuming your ship is pointed at 12.

I do have a question:  Has anyone figured out just what that "force field"
is for in one of the rooms on the ship (there is also one room on the
first level of the colony).  All it seems to do is zap your energy rather
quickly.  I've run past it on the ship and there doesn't seem to be anything
of great interest in that room anyway.

                                                        Jeff
--
uucp:     ...rutgers!yale!slb-sdr!shulman
CSNet:    SHULMAN@SDR.SLB.COM

prince@maui.cs.ucla.edu (Larry Prince) (08/19/88)

--- I'm not afraid of a Big Bad Line Ea

Colony sounds like something I want, nay, N E E D  :-)

Who has it in stock?

		    UCLA Computer Science Department
   -- Larry         3413 Boelter Hall   Los Angeles 90024  (213) 825-2145
	 Prince     UUCP:    {ucbvax,sdcrdcf}!ucla-cs!prince
		    ARPAnet:  prince@CS.UCLA.EDU

paul@mit-caf.MIT.EDU (Paul Meyer) (08/20/88)

In article <15362@shemp.CS.UCLA.EDU> prince@cs.ucla.edu (Larry Prince) writes:
>Colony sounds like something I want, nay, N E E D  :-)
>Who has it in stock?

	Just called MacConnection: they have it, $30, and they can get it
to me by tomorrow (-:

Disclaimer: I have no connections with anybody

Paul Meyer
MTL
MIT

jlc@atux01.UUCP (J. Collymore) (09/22/88)

I recently purchased the game:  "THE COLONY" by Mindscape.  I am having a
problem.

I fould the drawer on the upper level with the security code in it, but I
don't know how to enter the code from there (plus, what will it do if I can
find a way to enter the code?).  On the lower level, I've tried to get into
th small room in the middle of the wall opposite from the airlock security
panel, but I just keep hitting a wall.  How do I get in?  I've tried going to
the suit installer (although I haven't seen/found any space suit yet) when I
try bumping into it, it stays a transparent image which I can't interract with.
What can I do?
I have tried to open the airlock, once I entered the proper security code, I
click on the plus sign and the center of the door's iris, nothing happens.

I need some hints or tips.  Please send me e-mail if you can help.  Thanks.

						Jim COllymore

ifocs9d@aucs.UUCP (Rick Giles) (10/13/88)

We've been playing the game "The Colony" for about a month now, and are ready to
give up. Has anyone solved this game? We've killed all the queens, found
the forklift and pods 1-5, but are now stuck. Any hints would be appreciated.

Rick Giles

Bitnet:   FRGILES@Acadia
Internet: FRGILES%Acadia.BITNET@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU
UUCP:     uunet!dalcs!aucs!ifocs9d

parnes@eniac.seas.upenn.edu ( Parnes Gary) (02/09/89)

Is there anyone out there who has played The Colony?

I need a couple of selected spoilers.

Please mail me at: parnes@eniac.seas.upenn.edu
if you can help.

						Thanks,
						Gary Parnes
						U of Penn.
						Not Penn State, dammit!

ir586@sdcc6.ucsd.edu (J Anthony Deutsch) (11/22/89)

How does one get out of the Spaceship in the Macintosh game
THE COLONY ? I am convinced that I have tried all possibilities,
leaving me with the conclusion that I have a buggy version.
(And if I posted this twice, gulp, sorry).

 Yuval Fisher

hallett@positron.uucp (Jeff Hallett x5163 ) (11/30/89)

In article <5300@sdcc6.ucsd.edu> ir586@sdcc6.ucsd.edu (Yuval Fisher) writes:

>How does one get out of the Spaceship in the Macintosh game
>THE COLONY ? I am convinced that I have tried all possibilities,
>leaving me with the conclusion that I have a buggy version.
>(And if I posted this twice, gulp, sorry).
>
> Yuval Fisher

I tried to mail to Yuval, but could not.  Spoilers follow:

Well, You must  first put on  the power  suit.  You then run  into the
airlock console and type in the security code (match up the symbols on
your decoder and enter the  corresponding number).  Then, run into the
airlock door  and open it.  Walk through   the door.  Now run  into it
again and close it. (Now  you are in the  airlock and both  doors  are
closed.) Now, just exit the outer door.

Keep in mind that you may  have only one door  open in an airlock at a
time.  Otherwise, the exposive  decompression is fatal, really ruining
your day.

One last hint - you'll need a trick if you want to use the teleporters
to move the  children to your ship...   (this  really isn't  a spoiler
since you do not need to use the teleporters to move the CHILDREN).

If you need amy more help, send me mail...

--
	     Jeffrey A. Hallett, PET Software Engineering
      GE Medical Systems, W641, PO Box 414, Milwaukee, WI  53201

lito@psuecl.bitnet (12/03/89)

hi,

can someone please tell me how to get the color upgrade to THE COLONY???
i've moved since i sent in the registration card and my software dealer
doesn't have the phone number for mindscape!!

thanks in advance,
--
lito lucena                                |
lito@ecl.psu.edu   (InterNet)              |  Japanese Animation Junkie

jb28+@andrew.cmu.edu (Jeffrey Joseph Barbose) (12/16/89)

Put the suit on.  Weapons and shields on low.  go through the one airlock
near the console where you get the suit.  CLOSE the airlock behind you.
go out th other airlock.

Jeff