[comp.sys.mac] Xerox to sue Apple!

ca_bt@gsbacd.uchicago.edu (12/15/89)

The business section of the New York Times today (Friday, 12/15) has
an article saying that Xerox is initiating a lawsuit against Apple
for the "look and feel" of the Macintosh and Lisa operating system.

Any "insiders" comments on motivations for Xerox to do this now?
Any hints that HP and/or Microsoft (IBM?) might have a hand in this?
What's the mood at Apple over this, and what changes might it bring?

				Bill Tsang
				Univ of Chicago GSB
				CA_BT@gsbacd.uchicago.edu

maxwebb@ogicse.ogc.edu (Max G. Webb) (12/16/89)

In article <6749@tank.uchicago.edu> ca_bt@gsbacd.uchicago.edu writes:
>The business section of the New York Times today (Friday, 12/15) has
>an article saying that Xerox is initiating a lawsuit against Apple
>for the "look and feel" of the Macintosh and Lisa operating system.

It's high time. I like my mac+, but 'look and feel' is a crock - Apple
invented little of it.

	Max

gft_robert@gsbacd.uchicago.edu (12/17/89)

>In article <6749@tank.uchicago.edu> ca_bt@gsbacd.uchicago.edu writes:
>>The business section of the New York Times today (Friday, 12/15) has
>>an article saying that Xerox is initiating a lawsuit against Apple
>>for the "look and feel" of the Macintosh and Lisa operating system.
>
>It's high time. I like my mac+, but 'look and feel' is a crock - Apple
>invented little of it.
>
>	Max

Uh, run that by me again.  Look and feel is a crock, you say, but you think
it's "high time" that another look and feel lawsuit was filed.  Great.

Robert

= gft_robert@gsbacd.uchicago.edu * generic disclaimer: * "It's more fun to =
=            		         * all my opinions are *  compute"         =
=                                * mine                *  -Kraftwerk       =