[comp.sys.mac] Macazine - fate?

nevai@function.mps.ohio-state.edu (Paul Nevai) (12/08/89)

What happened to Macazine? I still have a subscription running till
9/90 but Haven't seen one since May '89?

Paul Nevai                            nevai@mps.ohio-state.edu (Internet)
Department of Mathematics             nevai@ohstpy (BITNET)
The Ohio State University             1-(614)-292-5310.office@ans.machine
231 West Eighteenth Avenue            1-(614)-292-4975.department
Columbus, OH 43210-1174               1-(614)-292-3317.secretary
The United States of America          1-(614)-459-5615.fax

Brita_CC_Meng@cup.portal.com (12/15/89)

Paul, Macazine closed its doors in January of 1989!  There is no
more Macazine. If you were a Macazine subscriber, I think you
were supposed to get a subscription to Macworld (for the duration
of your Macazine subscription).  Did you get any kind of notice
from Macworld or Macazine about that?
Brita Meng
East Coast Editor
Macworld
PS:  I just write for them, I don't handle subscription stuff.  But
I might be able to help out somehow....

jonu@aberdeen.FtCollins.NCR.com (Jon Udell) (12/19/89)

In article <25061@cup.portal.com> Brita_CC_Meng@cup.portal.com writes:
>Paul, Macazine closed its doors in January of 1989!  There is no
>more Macazine. If you were a Macazine subscriber, I think you
>were supposed to get a subscription to Macworld (for the duration
>of your Macazine subscription).Macazine

I received a letter offering me a discount on MacWorld.  I never received
any compensation for my Macazine subscription.  Apparently those of us who
"earned" free subscriptions (by responding to a survey, or something like
that) didn't get treated the same way as those who paid for them.

--Jon