[comp.sys.mac] Macintalk/Talking Moose v2

rc3h+@andrew.cmu.edu (Ross Ward Comer) (12/17/89)

I recently acquired Talking Moose v2.0.  Everything seems to work (he pops
up and moves his mouth), except there is no sound.  I have tried reseting
the volume on the Control Panel to no avail.

I grabbed the Mactintalk driver from Strategic Conquest v2.055.  Could this
be the problem?  Is there a generic Macintalk that I need?

This is being run on an SE/30.

Thanks, ross

rc3h@andrew.cmu.edu

jxf@phobos.cis.ksu.edu (Jerry Frain) (12/19/89)

In article <gZWn1ae00WB89cbV1o@andrew.cmu.edu> rc3h+@andrew.cmu.edu (Ross Ward Comer) writes:
>I recently acquired Talking Moose v2.0.  Everything seems to work (he pops
>up and moves his mouth), except there is no sound.  I have tried reseting
>the volume on the Control Panel to no avail.
>
>I grabbed the Mactintalk driver from Strategic Conquest v2.055.  Could this
>be the problem?  Is there a generic Macintalk that I need?
>
>This is being run on an SE/30.

I, also, have met with this same problem on my SE/30.

I don't remember where my version of Macintalk came from, but I
have two or three that I have tried -- all have failed.

I have also encountered many other problems associated with sound
and music.  Many programs and music data files that play on the Mac+
(have not tried SE or any of the IIs) do not play (or spout garbage)
when run on my SE/30.

But then, some do.

I would appreciate any enlightening information.

Thanks in advance,

  --Jerry

--
Jerry Frain -- Professional Student           Kansas State University
Internet: jxf@phobos.cis.ksu.edu      Dept of Computing & Information Sciences