[comp.sys.mac] Using EtherTalk w/Laserwriter and/or Public Folder??

mcguffey@muvms3.bitnet (Michael McGuffey) (12/15/89)

We have a Mac II and a Mac IIci, each with an EtherTalk NB card.

	1.  How do I get the Mac to print to a Laserwriter connected to
		the printer port.  When I have EtherTalk selected,
		neither machine sees the LW.  Have I created a need for
		the Interet Router software?

	2.  Does Public Folder support EtherTalk?  I've set both machine
		to the EtherTalk in the Control Panel and rebooted, but
		they can't seem to see one another.

thanks,

-- michael
Michael McGuffey, Senior Software Applications Analyst
Phone:    304/696-3212			University Computer Center
FAX:      304/696-3601			Marshall University
BITNET:   mcguffey@muvms3		Huntington, WV 25755-5320
Internet: mcguffey%muvms3@wvnvms.wvnet.edu

peirce@claris.com (Michael Peirce) (12/19/89)

In article <10949@muvms3.bitnet> mcguffey@muvms3.bitnet (Michael McGuffey) writes:

>We have a Mac II and a Mac IIci, each with an EtherTalk NB card.
>
>	2.  Does Public Folder support EtherTalk?  I've set both machine
>		to the EtherTalk in the Control Panel and rebooted, but
>		they can't seem to see one another.

Public Folder should run just fine over EtherTalk (or any type of xxxTalk).

Are both machines in the same zone?  Did the Public Folder bootup icon come
up normal or with an X through it.  If normal, then Public Folder thinks
things are OK.  If an X, then either Public Folder couldn't find the "Public"
folder, or AppleTalk (/EtherTalk) isn't turned on properly.

If you have further problems with Public Folder drop me a line...

 Claris Corp. | Michael R. Peirce (author of Public Folder)