[comp.sys.mac] Need advice to help select WP package

johnt@seila.UUCP (john grant) (12/19/89)

	I am looking for a word-processing package for myself (having changed
jobs).  I started life with MacWrite 1.0 (yes, I still have it, one unopened
package too), then progressed (?) to Word 3.X - there I stopped,

	I don't like the "feel" of word, I don't like not seeing what I'm
doing and I don't like the character spacing control.  I played with Fullwrite,
which seemed quite nice - I didn't crash it (even though it was v 1.0), I even
looked at the new Macwrite (nice find feature), but none of them really was
what I wanted.

	Given Ashton Tate's dubious Macintosh future, Microsoft's weird
interface what do I pick ?

	Day to day I must be able to write letters, small reports, long-term
it must be capable of larger documents (but not books per se).  I would
rather have one package to do it all, rather than say MacWrite & Publish-It!,
but if that is what it will take to get decent output, then so be it .

	Suggestions ?

wiseman@tellab5.TELLABS.COM (Jeff Wiseman) (12/21/89)

In article <459@seila.UUCP> johnt@seila.UUCP (john grant) writes:

>	I am looking for a word-processing package for myself (having changed
>jobs).  I started life with MacWrite 1.0 (yes, I still have it, one unopened
>package too), then progressed (?) to Word 3.X - there I stopped,
 [deleted stuff about WORD problems]
>	Suggestions ?

If you don't need outlining and tables, and you have a hard disk, take a close
look at MacWrite II. You may even be given a significant credit for your copy
of macwrite in terms of upgrading.

If you have more money than me and need something more than MacWriteII, have a
look at Nisus

Just a Suggestion :-)

--
Jeff Wiseman:	....uunet!tellab5!wiseman OR wiseman@TELLABS.COM