[comp.sys.mac] SC CD Drivers V3.0 RELEASED!?

phil@vaxphw.enet.dec.com (Phil Hunt) (12/19/89)

Hi,

I just read that the Apple CD SC drivers, release 3.0 has come out thru APDA!!
It fixes mucho bugs, and allows the CD to run on a 2ci as well as boot on it!

Now the bad news,  I called APDA, they have not heard anything about it yet!
Anyone seen the latest CD software?  If so, could you EMAIL it to me.  I have
a 2CI and a Apple CDROM unit, and would love to allow them both to work
together...
Phil Hunt                      "Wherever you go, there you are!!!"
Digital Equipment Corporation                 Phone: (508)486-2164
ENET:        VAXPHW::PHIL
USENET:      phil@vaxphw.enet.dec.com
MOREUSENET:  phil%vaxphw.dec@decwrl.enet.dec.com
EVENMORE:    ....!decwrl!dec-vaxphw!phil

rickf@Apple.COM (Rick Fleischman) (12/21/89)

In article <6978@shlump.nac.dec.com> phil@vaxphw.enet.dec.com (Phil Hunt) writes:
>Hi,
>
>I just read that the Apple CD SC drivers, release 3.0 has come out thru APDA!!
>It fixes mucho bugs, and allows the CD to run on a 2ci as well as boot on it!
>
>Now the bad news,  I called APDA, they have not heard anything about it yet!
>Anyone seen the latest CD software?  If so, could you EMAIL it to me.  I have
>a 2CI and a Apple CDROM unit, and would love to allow them both to work
>together...
>Phil Hunt                      "Wherever you go, there you are!!!"
>Digital Equipment Corporation                 Phone: (508)486-2164

It was incorrectly published in the December 15, 1989 issue of Apple
Viewpoints (a newsletter sent to all Apple Partners, Associates, and
Certified Developers) that the new CD SC 3.0 Software Drivers are now
available through APDA.  It is true that when they are available, that
they will be orderable through APDA, but they are not available yet.

Additionally, those of you with access to AppleLink will be able to
download the drivers from AppleLink when they are available.

At this point, they probably won't be available through APDA until
mid-January at the earliest, although they may be available through
AppleLink earlier.

Sorry about the false alarm.

Rick Fleischman
Developer Channels/APDA