[comp.sys.mac] Think C and Oracle for the Mac

davidp@polygen.uucp (David Pann) (12/22/89)

I have Think C 4.0 and Oracle for the Mac 1.0.
I would like to write a program using Think C
with Embedded Sql.  The "C" routines would have
to be pre-compiled by the Oracle PCC program and
then compiled by Think C.

The problem is that I don't have MPW so I don't know
how to pre-compile the "C" routines before compiling them.

Questions:
1. Can anyone tell me how to pre-compile the source code
outside of Think C, without MPW.  The output would be
new files with the embedded sql expanded to "C" code.

2. Can anyone tell me how to pre-compile the source within
Think C using the Oracle PCC program.

Please post answer to this group.
Thanks in advance.
David Pann

murf@goofy.Apple.COM (Jim Murphy) (12/23/89)

In article <631@grant.UUCP>, davidp@polygen.uucp (David Pann) writes:
> I have Think C 4.0 and Oracle for the Mac 1.0.
> I would like to write a program using Think C
> with Embedded Sql.  The "C" routines would have
> to be pre-compiled by the Oracle PCC program and
> then compiled by Think C.
>
> The problem is that I don't have MPW so I don't know
> how to pre-compile the "C" routines before compiling them.
>
> Questions:
> 1. Can anyone tell me how to pre-compile the source code
> outside of Think C, without MPW.  The output would be
> new files with the embedded sql expanded to "C" code.
>
> 2. Can anyone tell me how to pre-compile the source within
> Think C using the Oracle PCC program.
>

> Please post answer to this group.
> Thanks in advance.
> David Pann

In order to use Think C or MPW 3.0 with Oracle PCC, you must have
version 1.1 of Oracle
for the Mac.  I belive I paid about $50.00 (I'm not 100% sure about this
price.) for the
upgrade.

* Jim Murphy (Murf)
*				CSNET:		murf@apple.com
* 				AppleLink:      Murf
* 				US Mail:	20525 Mariani Ave.
*                                               Cupertino CA 95014
*						MS 77-A
* Disclaimer:	I own my own thoughts. Apple owns its own thoughts. Let's
*               keep it that way.
* Obligatory cute saying:  Data? Code? It's all the same to me.