[comp.sys.mac] Info for downloading Mac binaries

robbc@lsmi.UUCP (Robb Cutler) (12/19/89)

I am looking for some information on how to get the stuff in
comp.sys.mac.binaries to my Macintosh.

My host machine is an Acer 386 running SCO Xenix 2.3.2.  I do not
have a compiler (so source code probably won't do me much good).

A brief description of the process involved to download would be
very helpful.

Please send e-mail -- I'm sure this has been covered before.  If anyone
else needs the info, send e-mail; I'll summarize and e-mail back.

Thanks in advance,
Robb Cutler
--
Robb Cutler                                    robbc@lsmi.com
Quality Assurance Manager                      ...!dartvax!lsmi!robbc

ong_ac@jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU (Albert C Ong) (12/23/89)

In article <27@lsmi.UUCP> robbc@lsmi.UUCP (Robb Cutler) writes:
>I am looking for some information on how to get the stuff in
>comp.sys.mac.binaries to my Macintosh.

	On a related subject, could someone tell me the proper way to download
from ftp site 186.83.144.1?  I've successfully downloaded files from other
ftp sites, so I'm no novice, but when I download from the address above
(note:  I'm not sure of the exact address, just that it ends in .144.1)
I get files that Stuffit says are damaged or incomplete.

Please email.  I'm sure this has been covered before.  If anyone
else needs the info, email your request.

Albert C. Ong
ong_ac@jhunix
ong_ac@jhuvms