[comp.sys.mac] Grayscale problems

tcbloop@athena.mit.edu (Teresa A. Lyons) (12/27/89)

I've just transferred my working system from a mac plus to a iicx
with a grayscale monitor.  things were working more or less fine
except:

suddenly the general CDEV no longer lets me make grayscale background
patterns.  all i get now are the old b&w patterns

fish! CDEV stopped working (no fish, though the editor works fine)

black box icons turned b&w instead of grayed

deskpict init does not work (machine freezes)

system is mac iicx, e-machines z21-iq monitor, system 6.0.4

monitors cdev is set to 256 grays

thanks for any help.

(please do not email - i am only borrowing this account)

mha@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu (Mark H. Anbinder) (12/28/89)

In article <1989Dec27.065902.8966@athena.mit.edu> tcbloop@athena.mit.edu (Teresa A. Lyons) writes:
>I've just transferred my working system from a mac plus to a iicx
>with a grayscale monitor.  things were working more or less fine
>except:

My suggestion is that you use the Installer program on the System Tools
disk to reinstall the system software on your hard drive now that you're
using the IIcx.  When you installed the software on the Plus, the Installer
may have configured it so that it had enough resources to WORK on any
Mac, but it left out a lot of the frills.

>(please do not email - i am only borrowing this account)

DON'T email?!  That's a new one! :-)

--
Mark H. Anbinder        ************************** mha@tcgould.tn.cornell.edu
BAKA Industries                                 ** ...!batcomputer!memory!mha