[comp.sys.mac] MPW .lib & .rsrc --> LSC 4.0 ?

sharp@ksi.cpsc.ucalgary.ca (Maurice Sharp) (12/30/89)

     The subject heading says it all.  I have a library and a resource
definition in MPW format and I use Light Speed C (4.0) by Symantec.
Does anyone know how I can convert from MPW to LSC ?

     Both the original files are provided with ParcPlace's Objectworks for
Smalltalk-80.  They allow the design of user defined primitives for smalltalk.
I would like to develop some, but I do not know MPW, and do not have room
for it on my hard drive.

     PLEASE respond by email if possible.

	thanx in advance
	  maurice
Maurice Sharp MSc. Student
University of Calgary Computer Science Department
2500 University Drive N.W.			      sharp@ksi.cpsc.UCalgary.CA
Calgary, Alberta, T2N 1N4	                   ...!alberta!calgary!sharp

siegel@endor.harvard.edu (Rich Siegel) (01/03/90)

In article <2292@cs-spool.calgary.UUCP> sharp@ksi.cpsc.ucalgary.ca (Maurice Sharp) writes:

>     The subject heading says it all.  I have a library and a resource
>definition in MPW format and I use Light Speed C (4.0) by Symantec.
>Does anyone know how I can convert from MPW to LSC ?

	The .O file can be converted with the "oConv" utility supplied with
THINK C. The .R file will require Rez or a suitable clone to compile, but
if you're willing to read tiiiif the resource description is simple enough,
you may be able to do the resources by hand with ResEdit.

>I would like to develop some, but I do not know MPW, and do not have room
>for it on my hard drive.

	I suspect that your Smalltalk system will require an MPW .O file,
which THINK C is incapable of generating at this time.

R.
 Rich Siegel
 Staff Software Developer
 Symantec Corporation, Language Products Group
 Internet: siegel@endor.harvard.edu
 UUCP: ..harvard!endor!siegel

"When someone who makes four hundred and fifty dollars an hour wants to
tell you something for free, it's a good idea to listen."