[comp.sys.mac] Eep. Alarm clock in 6.0.3

reynhout@wpi.wpi.edu (D Andrew Reynhout) (12/21/89)

   Hmm..  Dumb unimportant question to follow:

   I never use the alarm clock DA...well, never until tonite.  It went off,
and rather than the usual meaningless apple-blink/inversion, I have an apple
that alternates with a little clock with lines coming out of it.

   To be honest, it doesn't look like a clock at all, and I might not know
what it was if I hadn't watched it go off, but...

   Is this System 6.0.3, or some piece of software I have installed (I don't
read manuals...sorry...I don't have the time.), or what??

   Andrew
--
   Andrew Reynhout  <internet: reynhout@wpi.wpi.edu>
                    <bitnet: reynhout@wpi.bitnet>

   <all-inclusive disclaimer: "Change your mind, you're always wrong" -R.Smith>
--
  Andrew Reynhout   (Internet: reynhout@wpi.wpi.edu)

  "Maybe if we pretend this never happened, they'll all just...go away."
                                           - Laurie Anderson

ADAM.FRIX@f200.n226.z1.FIDONET.ORG (ADAM FRIX) (01/02/90)

D. Andrew Reynhout writes:

DAR>   I never use the alarm clock DA...well, never until tonite.  It went
off,
DAR> and rather than the usual meaningless
DAR> apple-blink/inversion, I have an apple that alternates with
DAR> a little clock with lines coming out of it.

That sounds like the alarm clock in SuperClock!  Check your control panel,
I'll bet you've got SuperClock! installed and the alarm set to ring.
You'll know the alarm's set to ring if you see the clock with the lines
coming out of it under "Alarm" in the cdev.  Simply click on the clock,
and the lines will go away--and the alarm's turned off.

--Adam--

--
ADAM FRIX via cmhGate - Net 226 fido<=>uucp gateway Col, OH
UUCP: ...!osu-cis!n8emr!cmhgate!200!ADAM.FRIX

reynhout@wpi.wpi.edu (Hagbard Celine) (01/04/90)

In article <35702.25A1C034@cmhgate.FIDONET.ORG> ADAM.FRIX@f200.n226.z1.FIDONET.ORG (ADAM FRIX) writes:
>D. Andrew Reynhout writes:
>
>DAR>   I never use the alarm clock DA...well, never until tonite.  It went
>off,
>DAR> and rather than the usual meaningless
>DAR> apple-blink/inversion, I have an apple that alternates with
>DAR> a little clock with lines coming out of it.
>
>That sounds like the alarm clock in SuperClock!  Check your control panel,
>I'll bet you've got SuperClock! installed and the alarm set to ring.
>You'll know the alarm's set to ring if you see the clock with the lines
>coming out of it under "Alarm" in the cdev.  Simply click on the clock,
>and the lines will go away--and the alarm's turned off.
>
>--Adam--

   Although I had forgotten installing SuperClock! the day before, my REAL
question was buried several levels deep, and throughly obscure to everyone
except two people, apparently.  Mea culpa.

   I was really questioning HOW another piece of software got the ability to
muck about with the now-named "Notification Manager" in the first place.  It
seems to be a System 6.0.x modification that I somehow missed mention of.  (I
really should READ all that stuff that gets sent to me, eh?)

   Thanks to all who replied!
   Andrew

PS: Without reposting the article, does anyone have any information as to what
I can do to fix my Mac Plus' screen problems?  I have recieved no replies as of
yet.  Thx in advance.
--
   Andrew Reynhout   (Internet: reynhout@wpi.wpi.edu)
                     (Bitnet: reynhout@wpi.bitnet)
 "The advertisements say the pleasure's everlasting.  Must be dead and gone to
  heaven.  Come touch me here, so I know that I am not there."  -Sonic Youth