[comp.sys.mac] 5 1/4" drive in Mac IIcx

Douglas.Welch@f823.n102.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Douglas Welch) (12/29/89)

Does anyone know where to find a kit which allows you to mount a 5 1/4"
hard disk in a Mac IIcx ?  I need the 80 meg drive instead of the 40 meg
which came with the machine, but unfortunately it is a full size drive.

Any help greatly appreciated ....

Douglas E. Welch
Van Nuys, CA

Private replies here or to 76625.3301@compuserve.com

--
Douglas Welch via cmhGate - Net 226 fido<=>uucp gateway Col, OH
UUCP: ...!osu-cis!n8emr!cmhgate!102!823!Douglas.Welch

alex@grian.cps.altadena.ca.us (Alex Pournelle) (01/04/90)

Douglas.Welch@f823.n102.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Douglas Welch) writes:

>Does anyone know where to find a kit which allows you to mount a 5 1/4"
>hard disk in a Mac IIcx ?  I need the 80 meg drive instead of the 40 meg
>which came with the machine, but unfortunately it is a full size drive.

"Full size"--We'll presume that's 5-1/4" half-height.

"Why you young whippersnapper--I remember when full-size meant 8"
full-high drives, and portable meant you could drag it by yourself!"

MicroNet in Irvine has such bracketry for their own drives; I know not
if they sell it separately.

There used to be funny metal brackets so you could put full-high 5-1/4"
drives into a II or IIx.  Haven't seen 'em in a while.

	Alex