[comp.sys.mac] "This is your Mama on DOS"

dks@shumv1.uucp (D. K. Smith) (01/05/90)

Remember...

[
the stuff about downloading a
file to a Mac and the "act of Congress"
required to view the doument
]

and a solution:

In article lriggins@galaxy.afit.af.mil (L. Maurice Riggins) writes:

>Some Mac telecomm applications let you assign a "CREATOR" value to text
>files, which does associate a given application with it.
>
>Take it from a reformed Big Blue hacker who still has to use MeSsyDOS at work
                ^^^^^^^^
>Maurice          lriggins@blackbird.afit.af.mil (129.92.1.2)

??  Do you not mean to say "rehabilitated"  ??

I, too, was an MS-DOS user ready to upgrade to a '386 screamer.  A
friend (and what a friend she was) said, "You should make your FOR SALE
sign to sell your 8086 box on the Macintosh." I just agreed and did
it.  Well... I guess I don't need to tell the end of this story!
Suffice it to say, I don't read comp.sys.ibm.*.

God, I'm glad I got off that MS-DOS stuff.
My life has turned around for the better!
I don't need as much sleep at night;
I am more productive;
My mind is no longer cloudy... when I need to think... I can!
And, I have a whole new set of friends.

This year <sniff> the holidays were really rough.  You see...
My mother has started using DOS.  I was suprised, to say the least.
It is really sad too 'cuz I can see that her perception is that she
really needs it (this must be due to her peer group that she hangs
out with at work).  On top of that, she's having real difficulty
controlling it.  I got her some self-help books with the hope
that she will see that a problem exists and pick one up and read it.
I am really concerned.  I've said enough.  I just hope this will
help some other soul out there who may see someone they love (or maybe
their self) heading down the road to DOS use.
This scourge must stop!

<tongue-in-cheek folks!> :-)  Could not resist the set-up.

			 Your turn, Gorby!
dk smith                          |                          htims kd
-my opinions reflect my opinions. | .snoinipo ym tcelfer snoinipo ym-