[comp.sys.mac] 132-col. term. emulation over telnet?

khaw@parcplace.com (Mike Khaw) (01/05/90)

Anyone know of a terminal emulation for Mac telnet that does 132 column
lines?  I don't see any obvious way to make NCSA telnet emulate a 132
column vt100 (vt132?).
--
Mike Khaw
ParcPlace Systems, Inc., 1550 Plymouth St., Mountain View, CA 94043

doner@henri.ucsb.edu (John Doner) (01/06/90)

In article <658@parcplace.com> khaw@parcplace.com (Mike Khaw) writes:
>Anyone know of a terminal emulation for Mac telnet that does 132 column
>lines?  I don't see any obvious way to make NCSA telnet emulate a 132
>column vt100 (vt132?).

It's easy.  You have to change the Config.tel file, and/or reconfigure
from the dialog NCSA gives you when you when you choose Open
Connection.  When you sign on your Unix host, tell it you have a
vt100-w.  The environment variable TERM will be set to this value, and
TERMCAP will have an entry suitable for a wide screen terminal.

John Doner 		doner@henri.ucsb.edu

amanda@mermaid.intercon.com (Amanda Walker) (01/06/90)

In article <658@parcplace.com>, khaw@parcplace.com (Mike Khaw) writes:
> Anyone know of a terminal emulation for Mac telnet that does 132 column
> lines?  I don't see any obvious way to make NCSA telnet emulate a 132
> column vt100 (vt132?).

If you hit the "Configure" button in the Open Session dialog, you can check
a box for 132 columns.  The biggest problem is that you need a wide screen
in order to see all 132 columns at once without having to use the scroll
bar...

Amanda Walker
InterCon Systems Corporation