[comp.sys.mac] text file madness nonsense

wiseman@tellab5.TELLABS.COM (Jeff Wiseman) (01/09/90)

In article <2004@eric.mpr.ca> hui@joplin.mpr.ca writes:

>I have received 15 mails so far, averaging 80% hate mail and 20%
>informative mail. The hate mail all had the word "stupid" in it.

Come on people! Haven't we got better things to do with our time and
bandwidth? I disagree with a few things Mr. Hui has mentioned but I also have
had a few things to think about given by him as well.

If it weren't for people who disagreed with me at one time or another, and who
were willing to take the time to explain why they disagreed, I wouldn't
understand half of what I do about a lot of things ('course that ain't much but
then what can I say?)

For all those people out there that are willing to provide us with stimulating,
well though out discussions (including disagree'ings), please keep the mail
a'coming. For those self made experts that can't stand anyone disagreeing with
them, well consider the definition of the word:
    EX (X) - as in "has-been"
    XPERT (spurt) - a drip under pressure.

>And, to further perpetuate my "ignorant" and "stupid" mentality, I
>forecast that the Macintosh family will not be the dominant engineering
>workstation platform in the next five years.

I am afraid that with some of the marketing, waranty, and other development
approaches that I have observed Apple taking, I'm afraid that you may be right,
which is too bad since I'm a Macamaniac and love mine!

(I feel much better now. I wonder what is is like to be flamed? Does it hurt
much?)

Of course, these are only my own feelings. Who else would say such a thing :-)

--
Jeff Wiseman:	....uunet!tellab5!wiseman OR wiseman@TELLABS.COM