[comp.sys.mac] Microsoft Works on a IIci

rklaas@attctc.Dallas.TX.US (Brian Klaas) (01/08/90)

I just purchased a Mac IIci with 5 Meg memory.  I have no axtra
CDEV/INITs in the system folder.  When I try to run works, the data
base and the communications programs work, but the word processing
part does not.  It sometimes hangs up, and it sometimes dies with an
ID=04 error.  I am using Works 2.0a

What does the ID=04 error mean?  Is works compatable with the IIci?
The word processing part worked for about a page of text once.  Any
ideas?  Please reply via E-Mail.  I post and read news from this
machine, but it is a long distance call.  Also, I would
like an help as soon as possible...  This is the only program I have!

Thanks for your help....

-Brian
Intel Corpotation
bklaas@sedona.intel.com
...!decwrl!intelca!mipos3!sedona!bklaas

isle@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (Ken Hancock) (01/08/90)

In article <10888@attctc.Dallas.TX.US> rklaas@attctc.Dallas.TX.US (Brian Klaas) writes:

>I just purchased a Mac IIci with 5 Meg memory.  I have no axtra
>CDEV/INITs in the system folder.  When I try to run works, the data
>base and the communications programs work, but the word processing
>part does not.  It sometimes hangs up, and it sometimes dies with an
>ID=04 error.  I am using Works 2.0a

Works 2.0b upgrade is available.  Contact Microsoft.

Ken

--
Ken Hancock '90            | DISCLAIMER: I'm graduating and looking for
Consultant                 |             a job, so I'll stand by my words.

ADAM.FRIX@f200.n226.z1.FIDONET.ORG (ADAM FRIX) (01/09/90)

Brian Klaas writes:
.
BK> I just purchased a Mac IIci with 5 Meg memory.  I have no
BK> axtra CDEV/INITs in the system folder.  When I try to run
BK> works, the data base and the communications programs work,
BK> but the word processing part does not.  It sometimes hangs
BK> up, and it sometimes dies with an ID=04 error.  I am using
BK> Works 2.0a

Microsoft released an update (actually, an updater application you can
run) for Works, 2.0b, which specifically fixed bugs for when running on a
IIci.  The update should be (fairly) easily available, as they've posted
it on CompuServe.  Give them a call, you should have no problems.

--Adam--

--
ADAM FRIX via cmhGate - Net 226 fido<=>uucp gateway Col, OH
UUCP: ...!osu-cis!n8emr!cmhgate!200!ADAM.FRIX