[comp.sys.mac] my favorite finder improvements. Was: Som

ADAM.FRIX@f200.n226.z1.FIDONET.ORG (ADAM FRIX) (01/07/90)

Pierce T. Wetter Iii writes:

PTW> #2 on my list of things I would do if I had the source to the Finder
PTW> .
PTW> .
PTW> #4 Allow the trash can to be moved permanently.

I saw something on America OnLine that allows this.  I believe it was a
ResEdit hack, uploaded to the Utility file area sometime around Jan. 3
through 5.

--Adam--

--
ADAM FRIX via cmhGate - Net 226 fido<=>uucp gateway Col, OH
UUCP: ...!osu-cis!n8emr!cmhgate!200!ADAM.FRIX

Armadillo@cup.portal.com (Russ Armadillo Coffman) (01/10/90)

>PTW> #2 on my list of things I would do if I had the source to the Finder
>PTW> .
>PTW> .
>PTW> #4 Allow the trash can to be moved permanently.

>I saw something on America OnLine that allows this.  I believe it was a
>ResEdit hack, uploaded to the Utility file area sometime around Jan. 3
>through 5.

>--Adam--

Adam, yer right! It's called Relocate Trash Can in Mac Utilities & DAs on
America Online. You just run it, select a copy of the Finder to modify, then
point where you would like the Trash to be. Even a DOSer could handle this,
I bet. It's intended for those with huge monitors, but I found it useful
even on my ol' Plus to move the Trash down and to the right a bit so it's
not covered by windows under MultiFinder. Still wish Apple provided a way to
delete a file in the Finder without moving all the windows out of the way
(yeah, I know there's DiskTop etc. etc.). A Delete Selection menu item
under Special would do it. -Russ