[comp.sys.mac] Summary of old Uncle Sam's Macs that have found civilian homes

bradley@andromeda.rutgers.edu.rutgers.edu (Eugene Bradley) (01/07/90)

Folks:

If you want to find out where you can get Macintosh hardware and software
for <= $100, go to a government auction.  To find out more info, here's
the OFFICIAL info number from Uncle Sam:

1-800-448-5570

A suggestion:  call bet. the hours of 9 am and  5 pm ET.

If you need an example of how this works, a man named Bob Bishop
(bob@ivucsb.sba.ca.us) bought an ImageWriter I from his local auction
for  $15.

Good luck and hope this helps you in buying your Mac.

Send more testimonies to either of the following addresses:

SLOW:				FAST(recommended):
Eugene Bradley
4 University Pl.		bradley@andromeda.rutgers.edu
East Orange, NJ  07018

 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<"May you never have to hear surf music again.">>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
						-Jimi Hendrix

man@cs.brown.edu (Mark H. Nodine) (01/10/90)

In article <Jan.6.12.47.54.1990.27619@galaxy.rutgers.edu> bradley@andromeda (Eugene Bradley) writes:
>Folks:
>
>If you want to find out where you can get Macintosh hardware and software
>for <= $100, go to a government auction.  To find out more info, here's
>the OFFICIAL info number from Uncle Sam:
>
>1-800-448-5570

When I dial this number, I get the message:
	You have dialed an 800 number that cannot be reached from your
	area: 401 4T.

What do I do now?

	--Mark