[comp.sys.mac] Looking for PRECMGR for Macintosh

aperez@caribe.prime.com (Arturo Perez x6739) (12/29/89)

The title says it all.  Anybody know where I can find the software?

Arturo Perez
ComputerVision, a division of Prime
aperez@cvbnet.prime.com
Too much information, like a bullet through my brain -- The Police

francis@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu (RD Francis) (01/10/90)

In article <302@cvbnet.Prime.COM>, aperez@caribe.prime.com (Arturo Perez x6739) writes:
> The title says it all.  Anybody know where I can find the software?
>
> Arturo Perez
> ComputerVision, a division of Prime
> aperez@cvbnet.prime.com
> Too much information, like a bullet through my brain -- The Police

If this has already been answered, I apologize; I'm ~600 messages
behind right now.  PREC Manager is a part of a bundle of utilities, DA's,
etc. called Quick and Dirty Utilities, Vol. 2.  I never used anything
but the PREC Manager out of the package, and have no idea whether there
was ever a Volume 1.  The owner/distributor/vendor/whatever of the package
I used was Dreams of the Phoenix.  This package had been around for a little
while when I started to use it 2+ years ago, so I don't even know if it's
still available.  I no longer work for the company where I used PREC
Manager, so I don't have access to it to tell you who wrote it; however, I
believe that all of the software in that package was written by individuals,
and gathered into the package by DotP, so the rights may have reverted to
the original author if it is no longer being sold.  I hope this helps you out.
For those who want to know what this program does, it allows you to modify
the standard paper sizes in the ImageWriter/IW LQ driver's dialog box.  This
is done by making a modification to the program that needs that paper size,
rather than the driver itself, so it is more flexible than certain possible
other solution (as far as I'm concerned, at least).  If you want to print on
weird page sizes, this is invaluable.

R David Francis		francis@cis.ohio-state.edu