[comp.sys.mac] Air & Space Museum Mac II Demos

davros@athena.mit.edu (Terry Fong) (01/10/90)

I was recently at the Smithsonian's Air & Space Museum and wandered through
an exhibit on computers and the aerospace field. At this exhibit were a bunch
of educational demos running on several Mac II's (such as "Design a Rocket",
Hypercard stacks on aerospace disciplines, etc.). My questions are:

Are any of these demos shareware/freeware/p.d.? If so, who should I contact?

Any response will be greatly appreciated.

bskendig@phoenix.Princeton.EDU (Brian Kendig) (01/10/90)

In article <1990Jan9.213149.26224@athena.mit.edu> davros@athena.mit.edu (Terry Fong) writes:
>I was recently at the Smithsonian's Air & Space Museum and wandered through
>an exhibit on computers and the aerospace field. At this exhibit were a bunch
>of educational demos running on several Mac II's (such as "Design a Rocket",
>Hypercard stacks on aerospace disciplines, etc.).

I don't know about those, but I've been doing some HyperCard work on a
NASA contract.  I've recently completed a 2.5-meg large project that
contains all sorts of information about the Space Station Freedom.
That'll be released into the public domain as soon as our legal eagles
clear it (don't hold your breath).

It might be a bit too technical for the less science-oriented user,
but it's interesting, easy to use, and chock full of information.

If you have any thoughts off the top of your head concerning such a
project, or if you have similar information retrieval and demo
programs, or if you are just plain curious, send me E-mail. I might
forward the more interesting E-mail to my boss to take a look at; the
more impressed he is with a response, the faster the program might
appear in sumex.

     << Brian >>
--
| Brian S. Kendig      ^ Macintosh |  /\   _||_ | bskendig                   |
| Computer Engineering |\ Thought  | /__\  \  / | @phoenix.Princeton.EDU     |