[comp.sys.mac] Problem with SuperClock 3.8

jem@sm.luth.se (Jan Erik Mostr|m) (01/05/90)

I've got some problem using SuperClock 3.8 on my SE/30. During startup
the bomb alert comes up and tells me "System error, reboot". This
problem only appears under MultiFinder. Has anyone had the same problem
(and worked around it) ? Is there a version 3.9 ?

					jem
Jan Erik Mostr|m    jem@sm.luth.se (ARPA  : jem%sm.luth.se@ucbvax.berkeley.edu)
Univ. of Lulea,Sweden              (Bitnet: jem%sm.luth.se@sekth.bitnet)

arons@sci.ccny.cuny.edu (Michael Arons) (01/05/90)

In article <1469@luth.sm.luth.se> Jan Erik Mostr|m <jem@sm.luth.se> writes:

>I've got some problem using SuperClock 3.8 on my SE/30. During startup
>the bomb alert comes up and tells me "System error, reboot". This
>problem only appears under MultiFinder. Has anyone had the same problem
>(and worked around it) ? Is there a version 3.9 ?

I had the sme problem with my IIcx. I just trashed it and am looking
for an earlier copy.

Michael Arons                     arons@sci.ccny.cuny.edu
Division of Science               arons@ccnysci.uucp
City College of New York

npreyer@mit-caf.MIT.EDU (Norris Preyer) (01/06/90)

>I've got some problem using SuperClock 3.8 on my SE/30. During startup
>the bomb alert comes up and tells me "System error, reboot". This
>problem only appears under MultiFinder. Has anyone had the same problem
>(and worked around it) ? Is there a version 3.9 ?

>Michael Arons                     arons@sci.ccny.cuny.edu
>Division of Science               arons@ccnysci.uucp
>City College of New York

Strange--SuperClock 3.8 works just find on my SE/30; what other inits
are you running with it?

chcu321@ut-emx.UUCP (Michael J. Liebman) (01/06/90)

In article <1469@luth.sm.luth.se> Jan Erik Mostr|m <jem@sm.luth.se> writes:

>I've got some problem using SuperClock 3.8 on my SE/30. During startup
>the bomb alert comes up and tells me "System error, reboot". This
>problem only appears under MultiFinder. Has anyone had the same problem
>(and worked around it) ? Is there a version 3.9 ?

Hmmm...

What version of the system and multifinder are you running?  How about
other Inits?  I've been running SuperClock 3.8 on my SE/30 at home for
several weeks with no problems at all.  I'm running system 6.0.3, but
I don't remember which version of MF offhand.  I've also got loads of
other Inits running.

Mike--

  Michael J. Liebman             INTERNET:
  Dept. of Chemical Engineering    mjl@cheme1.che.utexas.edu (128.83.162.2)
  University of Texas at Austin    chcu321@emx.cc.utexas.edu (128.83.1.33)
   (512) 471-5150.ma.bell        BITNET:
                                   liebman@UTAIVC

carmi@mars.jpl.nasa.gov (Aviram Carmi) (01/06/90)

In article <1469@luth.sm.luth.se+ Jan Erik Mostr|m <jem@sm.luth.se+ writes:
+
+I've got some problem using SuperClock 3.8 on my SE/30. During startup
+the bomb alert comes up and tells me "System error, reboot". This
+problem only appears under MultiFinder. Has anyone had the same problem
+(and worked around it) ? Is there a version 3.9 ?
+
+                                       jem
+Jan Erik Mostr|m    jem@sm.luth.se (ARPA  : jem%sm.luth.se@ucbvax.berkeley.edu)
+Univ. of Lulea,Sweden              (Bitnet: jem%sm.luth.se@sekth.bitnet)

I have the same problem on a MacII/6.0.2. I went back to version 3.6.

Avi Carmi (carmi@mars.jpl.nasa.gov)

prg@bonnie.ATT.COM (Paul R. Gloudemans) (01/06/90)

In article <1469@luth.sm.luth.se>, jem@sm.luth.se (Jan Erik Mostr|m) writes:

> I've got some problem using SuperClock 3.8 on my SE/30. During startup
> the bomb alert comes up and tells me "System error, reboot". This
> problem only appears under MultiFinder.
> 					jem
> Jan Erik Mostr|m

I've had a similar problem on Mac II, System 6.0.2, when MF is not set
on startup but is launched by another startup App (Bomb ID=01).  I do not
experience the problem if MF is set as the startup App.  Apparently
SuperClock 3.8 does not like MF launched behind its back.  Can't
comment on your SE/30 problem.  For the time being I'm just using
version 3.6.

dh07+@andrew.cmu.edu (David Hairston) (01/06/90)

[carmi@mars.jpl.nasa.gov (Aviram Carmi) follows up:]
>[jem@sm.luth.se+ writes:]
>>I've got some problem using SuperClock 3.8 on my SE/30. During startup
>.
>I have the same problem on a MacII/6.0.2. I went back to version 3.6.
.
SuperClock 3.8 works fine on my mac II running system 6.0.2. the key
here is that it has been renamed <spc>SuperClock to run after Vaccine
(named <spc><spc>Vaccine) and before my other 20 or so inits.

  -dave-
hairston@henry.ece.cmu.edu

dh07+@andrew.cmu.edu (David Hairston) (01/10/90)

[dh07+@andrew.cmu.edu (David Hairston, me!) writes:]
>[carmi@mars.jpl.nasa.gov (Aviram Carmi) follows up:]
>>[jem@sm.luth.se+ writes:]
>>>I've got some problem using SuperClock 3.8 on my SE/30. During startup
>>.
>>I have the same problem on a MacII/6.0.2. I went back to version 3.6.
>.
>SuperClock 3.8 works fine on my mac II running system 6.0.2. the key
>here is that it has been renamed <spc>SuperClock to run after Vaccine
>(named <spc><spc>Vaccine) and before my other 20 or so inits.
.
Actually, as reported by someone else, there is still a problem if you
try to launch MultiFinder after the boot sequence. The machine crashes
with SuperClock 3.8 and doesn't without it. This didn't happen with v3.6.
You can run MultiFinder as the startup application with no problem
using v3.8.

  -dave-
hairston@henry.ece.cmu.edu

mead@hamal.usc.edu (Dick Mead) (01/10/90)

	FYI. I tried Superclock 3.8 on my SE/30, under both Finder and
	Multifinder, with no crash. This included launching MF from Finder.
	You may have an INIT conflict, as mentioned before, or a damaged
	copy of Superclock, or MF, or the System file.

jem@sm.luth.se (Jan Erik Mostr|m) (01/10/90)

# 	You may have an INIT conflict, as mentioned before, or a damaged
# 	copy of Superclock, or MF, or the System file.

I suppose I have one of the mentioned problems but since I'm a lazy
person (and several other people seems to have the same problem) I
switch back to version 3.6 for time beeing. Thanks for your replys.
				jem