[comp.sys.mac] Problems w/ ZTerm and IIcx

sellers@ncrcae.Columbia.NCR.COM (Todd Sellers) (01/11/90)

I am having problems downloading files on my new IIcx using ZTerm.  I have used
ZTerm with my Macintosh Plus with no problem.  When I initiate the download I
get the message "Error: -35 in WriteData".  The filename shows up and then
the error appears on the status line.  This happens with both XModem and ZModem
downloads.  As soon as the error is presented, the download is cancelled.  If
anybody has any information concerning this, please E-Mail me.  Any help
is certainly appreciated.  Machine info: Macintosh IIcx w/ 5Mb and all INITs
turned off.

Also, I would like to find some GIF files for viewing on my IIcx.  I don't have
ftp access, but any other pointers are welcome.

+--------------------------------+--------------------------------------------+
|  Todd Sellers                  | EMail to (sellers@ncrcae.Columbia.NCR.COM) |
|  NCR E&M Columbia              |       or (todd@pibtest.Columbia.NCR.COM)   |
|  West Columbia, South Carolina |    <THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK>   |
|  29169                         |    <INSERT YOUR FAVORITE DISCLAIMER HERE>  |
+--------------------------------+--------------------------------------------+

mjkobb@mit-amt.MEDIA.MIT.EDU (Michael J Kobb) (01/11/90)

In article <5593@ncrcae.Columbia.NCR.COM> sellers@ncrcae.Columbia.NCR.COM (Todd Sellers) writes:
>I am having problems downloading files on my new IIcx using ZTerm. I have used
>ZTerm with my Macintosh Plus with no problem.  When I initiate the download I
>get the message "Error: -35 in WriteData".  The filename shows up and then
>the error appears on the status line. This happens with both XModem and ZModem
>downloads.  As soon as the error is presented, the download is cancelled.  If
>anybody has any information concerning this, please E-Mail me.  Any help
>is certainly appreciated.  Machine info: Macintosh IIcx w/ 5Mb and all INITs
>turned off.

I tried email, but it bounced, so I'll post:

I got the same error last night on my IIx (5Mb ram, all inits (bunches) on).
I think that the problem was caused by the Receive Folder having been set to
a folder that was on an unmounted partition.  Resetting the Receive Folder
solved the problem.  You might try resetting it (it's under the Settings menu).

Hope this helps,

--Mike