[comp.sys.mac] Apple FTP site

yarringt@oak.cis.ohio-state.edu (douglas n yarrington) (08/03/89)

Hello.

  Would someone please re-post information about the Apple FTP site as
  well as what type of information will be available on it.

  It would be nice if I could get to most recent version of ResEdit from
  the site, for example. Is this possible?

  Thanks.

  -- Doug

mjohnson@Apple.COM (Mark B. Johnson) (01/10/90)

The age-old question can now be answered...did Clarus the dogcow survive
past V3.1 of the Technical Notes Stack...

Apple.com now contains updates to the DTS Technical Notes Stack (3.2.1)
and Q & A Stack (3.2.1).  These update the 3.2 versions which were
released on the latest "Phil & Dave's Excellent CD."  If you already
have 3.2 of the Technical Notes Stack, then you only need get the
update stack (yes, we finally have one).  To update from versions
earlier than 3.2, you need to get the complete 3.2.1 stack.

We have also replaced the MPW 3.1 interfaces and release notes.  These
are the final versions which will soon be shipping through APDA.

Be sure to check other archive sites as these will be showing up around
the net shortly.

--
Mark B. Johnson                                            AppleLink: mjohnson
Developer Technical Support                         domain: mjohnson@Apple.com

"You gave your life to become the person you are right now.  Was it worth it?"
                                                         - Richard Bach, _One_

chou@umn-cs.CS.UMN.EDU (Hsiang Chou) (01/10/90)

In article <37717@apple.Apple.COM> mjohnson@Apple.COM (Mark B. Johnson) writes:

>We have also replaced the MPW 3.1 interfaces and release notes.  These
>are the final versions which will soon be shipping through APDA.

	Both the mcvert and xbin fail to decode the file
mac/mpw/cincludes.hqx on our Unix machine (premature EOF and CRC
error respectively). I didn't try to download the file to a Mac
and decode it with BinHex 4.0.  But I believe it will have similar
error too.

kent@sunfs3.camex.uucp (Kent Borg) (01/11/90)

In article <37717@apple.Apple.COM> mjohnson@Apple.COM (Mark B. Johnson) writes:

>The age-old question can now be answered...did Clarus the dogcow survive
>past V3.1 of the Technical Notes Stack...

Well, the other day when I was looking through at new Phil & Dave's
CD, the first thing I tried when I spotted the Tech Notes Stack was
grazing off a cliff, but nothing happened.  (No !fooM on the opening
Dog Cow either.)

When I get more time near a CD drive and a copy of the disk I will be
looking further.  Would hate to miss out on any further adventures of
Clarus.

--
Kent Borg                lloyd!kent@husc6.harvard.edu  or  ...!husc6!lloyd!kent
MacNet: kentborg                              H:(617) 776-6899  W:(617)426-3577

mjohnson@Apple.COM (Mark B. Johnson) (01/13/90)

In article <18116@umn-cs.CS.UMN.EDU> chou@umn-cs.cs.umn.edu (Chih-Hsiang Chou) writes:
>	Both the mcvert and xbin fail to decode the file
>mac/mpw/cincludes.hqx on our Unix machine (premature EOF and CRC
>error respectively). I didn't try to download the file to a Mac
>and decode it with BinHex 4.0.  But I believe it will have similar
>error too.

Thanks for pointing this out.  The cincludes.hqx file has been replaced.