[net.wanted] Re. Super Cobra Information needed

miller@prism.DEC (04/08/85)

>Newsgroups: net.micro,net.wanted
>Subject: Information on Super Cobra game.

>I recently purchased an almost working Sterns Super Cobra video game.
>This was from an arcade that went under.  I am looking for a service
>manual, or information on how to fix it.  I suspect that the problem
>is in the power supply.  The system has an electrohome 19 inch rgb (I
>believe) monitor, and dual Z80 CPU board.
>
>Thanks In advance.
>
>Don Zocchi, Tektronix, Inc.

I have been into arcade games (as a hobby) for the past few years
and would suggest the following:

1. If there is another local arcade with Super Cobra presently in service,
   ask to speak with the owner (or manager) explaining your situation and
   see if they would check inside the unit to see if the documentation
   is there (most arcade operators will keep all documentation inside
   each machine to prevent loss) and would they allow you to borrow it
   and make copies for your use.

   I have found the majority of operators (including those who have
   have machines in local bars, pizza joints, bowling alleys,etc.) to
   be helpful.

   Normally you can locate these people in the local Yellow Pages under
   Ammusements or Games or Vending Services.

2. Look in the same Yellow pages for large (regional) distributors.
   I live in Massachusetts and when all else fails I contact Bally Northeast
   or Rowe. (Both are about 70 Miles from where I live but have been helpful
   when needed.

3. If you suspect only a monitor problem, a "good" local TV service shop
   should be able to verify monitor operation.

Hope this is of some help.

ps.  An additional Usenet group for posting this would be net.games.video
as there has been discussions in the past on arcade games (though its
been quiet for a while).

"tilt"
=======		Ron Miller (Silver Ball Forever)
l oo 'l
l*  *ll		Digital Equipment Corporation
l >< ll
l\  /ll         {decvax, ucbvax, allegra}!decwrl!dec-rhea!dec-prism!miller
=====-!

Posted:	Mon 8-Apr-1985 15:25 EST
To:	RHEA::DECWRL::"net.wanted"