[comp.sys.mac] ATM and Type 3 fonts

jjw7384@ultb.isc.rit.edu (Jeff Wasilko) (01/10/90)

Does ATM support type 3 (non-adobe) fonts now?

Are there plans for type-3 font support in the future, or are all of
my Bitstream fonts unusable?

Jeff

--
| RIT VAX/VMS Systems: |     Jeff Wasilko     |     RIT Ultrix Systems:     |
|BITNET: jjw7384@ritvax+----------------------+INET:jjw7384@ultb.isc.rit.edu|
|INTERNET: jjw7384@isc.rit.edu                |'claimer: No one cares.      |

hammen@jolnet.ORPK.IL.US (Robert J. Hammen) (01/14/90)

In article <1889@ultb.isc.rit.edu> jjw7384@ultb.isc.rit.edu (Jeff Wasilko) writes:
>Does ATM support type 3 (non-adobe) fonts now?

Nope, not yet. As far as I know, Adobe is still shipping ATM 1.01 (the first
release). I would not expect to see this added to the next release.

>Are there plans for type-3 font support in the future, or are all of
>my Bitstream fonts unusable?

I do know that Bitstream and The Font Company are working with Adobe to
get their fonts working with ATM (Bitstream was offering fonts that were in
a reverse-engineered Type 1 format, but they did not work with ATM). As a
matter of fact, I just got a few new fonts from The Font Company the other day,
and they were Type 1 and did work with ATM...

Robert Hammen | Technical Editor | Personal Publishing Magazine
hammen@jolnet.orkpk.il.us | 70701,2104@compuserve.com | (708) 462-2414