[comp.sys.mac] Starting applications under MultiFinder

mjkobb@mit-amt.MEDIA.MIT.EDU (Michael J Kobb) (01/12/90)

Hello again,

  Is it possible to start an application under MultiFinder 6.1b7 AT STARTUP
so that it comes up "Set Aside"?  In other words, I'd like to hit the power
key and have the Mac load one or more applications in, but hide their windows
until I need them.  Alternatively, can MS Word 4.0 be convinced not to
open any windows when it starts?

  I use Word every time I boot the Mac, and I figure I might as well just have
it sitting around for when I get to it.  I've got the RAM to afford it now...

Many thanks,

--Mike

P.S.  What's the difference between MF 6.1b7 and 'b9?  Where would I find '9?

t-jacobs@cs.utah.edu (Tony Jacobs) (01/16/90)

In article <1386@mit-amt.MEDIA.MIT.EDU> mjkobb@media-lab.media.mit.edu (Michael J Kobb) writes:
>Hello again,
>
>P.S.  What's the difference between MF 6.1b7 and 'b9?  Where would I find '9?

I believe b9 is needed for the Mac ci to run.
Tony Jacobs * Center for Engineering Design * U of U * t-jacobs@cs.utah.edu