[comp.sys.mac] Where to get cheap documantation?

summers@falcon.uucp (Mike Summers) (01/16/90)

I would like to get a full set of Mac documentation (Inside
Mac etc.). How can I save money doing this? Does anyone have
used documentation they wish to sell? What abou mail order
houses?

jones@optilink.UUCP (Marvin Jones) (01/17/90)

In article <1990Jan15.220527.18855@planck.uucp>, summers@falcon.uucp (Mike Summers) writes:
> I would like to get a full set of Mac documentation (Inside
> Mac etc.). How can I save money doing this? Does anyone have
> used documentation they wish to sell? What abou mail order
> houses?

Discounts on books are hard to come by.  There just isn't very much mark-up
to work with at the retail sales level.  About the best you can find is 15%
or so.  Since the full developers documentation package from Addison-Wesley
approaches $400-$500 (depending on which types of peripheral support docs you
may want), you may be able to talk a local bookstore into a heavier discount
if you special order them all at once.

In my case, a relative works as an editor for Addison-Wesley, so I ordered
through her.  Employees get a full 50% discount.  Boy, what a windfall that
was!  If you are lucky enough to have an A-W contact .... go for it!.

Regards,

--
     Marvin Jones     Optilink Corp.     Petaluma, CA     707.795.9444 X206
     uucp:  {tekbspa, pyramid, pixar}!optilink!jones