[comp.sys.mac] 2 more Finder/MultiFinder improvements please

davidl@leonardo.intel.com (David D. Levine) (01/17/90)

> >                                     ... I find that the Finder
doesn't *let*
> >me extend selections across different folders.  (surely you *don't* mean for
> >me to keep everything in the *same* folder? :-))
> >
> >I can of course drag one of these to the *other's* folder, or both onto the
> >desktop (and then must remember to drag them back where I really want them
> >:-))
>
> Not at all.  Go ahead and put the files you want to operate with onto
> the desktop.  When you're done, just select 'em and choose "Put Away"
> from the File menu.  The files will automagically go back from whence
> they came. ...

Well, not quite.  They go back to the same folder, but the icon is positioned
in the first (upper-leftmost) unclaimed icon slot.  This is a pain if you
use icon location as an organizational tool.  Apple, can you have "Put
Away" put the icon back where it was?

And as long as I'm asking for Finder improvements: would you make it
possible for application writers to put sicn's (small icons) into their
BNDL's, and use those sicn's (if supplied) in small icon view and the
MultiFinder switch icon?  Squashing full-size ICN#'s down to half-size
usually results in an unrecognizable glob.  This is my biggest MultiFinder
pet peeve.

Thanks a lot!

- David D. Levine, Intel IMSO Tech Pubs
  davidl@leonardo.intel.com
  "Fo'tunately, Ah keep mah feathers numbered, for just such an emergency."

amanda@mermaid.intercon.com (Amanda Walker) (01/17/90)

In article <788@gandalf.littlei.UUCP>, davidl@leonardo.intel.com (David D.
Levine) writes:
> And as long as I'm asking for Finder improvements: would you make it
> possible for application writers to put sicn's (small icons) into their
> BNDL's, and use those sicn's (if supplied) in small icon view and the
> MultiFinder switch icon?

Acoording to the preliminary stuff from the Developers Conference, you
can not only this, but you can also put in color icons in various
sizes.

Amanda Walker
InterCon Systems Corporation