[comp.sys.mac] Problem with ATM

kearns@read.columbia.edu (Steve Kearns) (01/18/90)

Infoworld reported that ATM has a problem with BOLD printing of text.
Does anyone have more info on this problem?

More specifically, the problem I have is in printing out a Bold 18
point line in a common Laserwriter font on the Laserwriter from a Mac
II running MSWord 4.0.  The line comes out "skanky" looking, which means
it looks like a bitmapped font.

-steve

kearns@read.columbia.edu (Steve Kearns) writes:
>Infoworld reported that ATM has a problem with BOLD printing of text.
>Does anyone have more info on this problem?

>More specifically, the problem I have is in printing out a Bold 18
>point line in a common Laserwriter font on the Laserwriter from a Mac
>II running MSWord 4.0.  The line comes out "skanky" looking, which means
>it looks like a bitmapped font.

You might check to see whether or not some of your bitmaps are corrupted.
The only problems I've had with ATM have all been traced back to having
mucked up suitcase files -- they might even pass through Font Harmony
without any problem, but still have bad data.

When I've downloaded fresh copies of the bitmaps from the Adobe Forum on
CompuServe, any problems I've had have gone away. I note this only because
I've recently installed a couple of new downloadable fonts and found that
both of them had corrupted 18point bitmaps, which screwed me up when I was
trying to look at something at 200% in pagemaker.

--

Chuq Von Rospach   <+>   chuq@apple.com   <+>   [This is myself speaking]

Rule 1 on how to not get an answer to your question: put "I don't
normally read this group" in the message. Rule 2: don't read the group
before posting.  It's considered bad manners to ask a questio about a
topic currently under discussion. -- Uncle chuqui's guide to the net.