[comp.sys.mac] Does the IIci have 32-bit QuickDraw in ROM?

bmartin@uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu (Brian Martin) (01/12/90)

I have a IIci with a RasterOps colorboard. The Monitors CDEV won't allow
for 24-bit color _unless_ the 32-bit QuickDraw document from the Apple
Color disk is installed in the System Folder. That suggests to me that
the IIci ROMs don't contain 32-bit QuickDraw. Any comments?

BTW-- Exposure 1.0.2 crashes the IIci.

-- Brian

dwb@archer.apple.com (David W. Berry) (01/18/90)

In article <6132@uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu> bmartin@uhccux.UUCP (Brian Martin) writes:
>I have a IIci with a RasterOps colorboard. The Monitors CDEV won't allow
>for 24-bit color _unless_ the 32-bit QuickDraw document from the Apple
>Color disk is installed in the System Folder. That suggests to me that
>the IIci ROMs don't contain 32-bit QuickDraw. Any comments?
	The IIci does indeed have 32-bit QuickDraw in ROM.  In fact, having
the 32-Bit QuickDraw file in your System Folder won't do a thing on the
IIci.  You might check with RasterOps and make sure the version of the
card that you have is compatible with the IIci.

			David