[comp.sys.mac] Problem with ATM and Suitcase II-any suggestions?

zimerman@phoenix.Princeton.EDU (Jacob Ben-david Zimmerman) (01/14/90)

I have been having problems with ATM 1.01 and Suitcase II.  If I have
suitcase II installed with ATM, ATM says that "ATM needs additional
memory or system resources" and boots with an x-ed out icon (turned
off.)   Anyone else had this happen to them?  Adobe says that ATM should
"work well with Suitcase."  I tried this on a Mac II running 6.0.2 and
with freshstart and init cdev running (yes I have reasons for using
both.)  It bombed with all other inits turned off, and it bombed with
just those two as well (no selection inits.)

Thanks for your time!
-JBZimmerman!
--
___________           | MTV is the lava lamp of the 1990's.
  ===                 |  <zimerman@PUCC>                  BITnet

allbery@NCoast.ORG (Brandon S. Allbery) (01/15/90)

As quoted from <12905@phoenix.Princeton.EDU> by zimerman@phoenix.Princeton.EDU (Jacob Ben-david Zimmerman):
+---------------
| I have been having problems with ATM 1.01 and Suitcase II.  If I have
| suitcase II installed with ATM, ATM says that "ATM needs additional
| memory or system resources" and boots with an x-ed out icon (turned
| off.)   Anyone else had this happen to them?  Adobe says that ATM should
| "work well with Suitcase."  I tried this on a Mac II running 6.0.2 and
| with freshstart and init cdev running (yes I have reasons for using
+---------------

The trio of FreshStart, ATM, and Suitcase II are mutually inoperative.  I
think it has something to do with ATM finding Suitcase II's hooks in the MacOS
but not being able to find Suitcase II in the blessed folder; as a result, it
decides that something incompatible hooked in before it and refuses to start.
My fix was to toss FreshStart.

++Brandon
--
Brandon S. Allbery    allbery@NCoast.ORG, BALLBERY (MCI Mail), ALLBERY (Delphi)
      uunet!cwjcc.cwru.edu!ncoast!allbery ncoast!allbery@cwjcc.cwru.edu

perez@andromeda.rutgers.edu.rutgers.edu (Willie Perez) (01/16/90)

Try updating to Suitcase II 1.2.6, I just posted it recently to Sumex.
--willi

chris@imagine.ADMS-RAD.Unisys.COM (Chris Sterritt) (01/16/90)

In article <1990Jan14.235357.17098@NCoast.ORG> allbery@ncoast.ORG (Brandon S. Allbery) writes:
>As quoted from <12905@phoenix.Princeton.EDU> by zimerman@phoenix.Princeton.EDU (Jacob Ben-david Zimmerman):
>+---------------
>| I have been having problems with ATM 1.01 and Suitcase II.  If I have
>| suitcase II installed with ATM, ATM says that "ATM needs additional
>| memory or system resources" and boots with an x-ed out icon (turned
>| off.)   Anyone else had this happen to them?  Adobe says that ATM should
>| "work well with Suitcase."  I tried this on a Mac II running 6.0.2 and
>| with freshstart and init cdev running (yes I have reasons for using
>+---------------
>
>The trio of FreshStart, ATM, and Suitcase II are mutually inoperative.

They all work together just fine for me, but I have a 2.5 Meg Plus (the extra
memory may help) and have the latest version of Suitcase II (1.2.6).  I sent
the 1.2.6 updater to the files, never saw any mention -- Moderators, is it
there?

	--chris sterritt
	chris@adms-rad.unisys.com

PS., Oh yeah, FreshStart wouldn't work _at all_ until I got my Jasmine upgrade
(new driver).

allbery@NCoast.ORG (Brandon S. Allbery) (01/18/90)

As quoted from <190@imagine.ADMS-RAD.Unisys.COM> by chris@imagine.ADMS-RAD.Unisys.COM (Chris Sterritt):
| They all work together just fine for me, but I have a 2.5 Meg Plus (the extra
| memory may help) and have the latest version of Suitcase II (1.2.6).  I sent
| the 1.2.6 updater to the files, never saw any mention -- Moderators, is it
| there?

I had just upgraded to 4 meg at the time, so it wasn't memory.  Maybe I'll
consider trying Fresh Start again if the Suitcase upgrade fixes it (it *did*
go out, I downloaded and installed it).

++Brandon