[comp.sys.mac] CD-ROM Players

captkidd@athena.mit.edu (Ivan Cavero Belaunde) (01/19/90)

We recently got a bare-bones (no software) Hitachi CD-ROM player at work.
Unfortunately, when we tried to use the CD-ROM drivers from Apple, the
player refused to work.  Does anyone know of any sources for a CD-ROM
SCSI driver, and related software?

Thanx,

-Ivanski

Internet: captkidd@ATHENA.MIT.EDU

blob@Apple.COM (Brian Bechtel) (01/19/90)

In article <1990Jan18.161723.23563@athena.mit.edu> captkidd@athena.mit.edu (Ivan Cavero Belaunde) writes:
>We recently got a bare-bones (no software) Hitachi CD-ROM player at work.
>Unfortunately, when we tried to use the CD-ROM drivers from Apple, the
>player refused to work.  Does anyone know of any sources for a CD-ROM
>SCSI driver, and related software?

First, try Hitachi itself.  You should have a contact address from the box the
drive came in.

I don't know if they have a driver for the Hitachi specifically, but
  Optical Media International
  485 Alberto Way
  Los Gatos, CA 95032
  (408) 395-4332
  fax: (408) 395-6544
  AppleLink: D1490
  Internet: D1490@applelink.apple.com
sells a Macintosh driver for a variety of CD-ROM drives.

--Brian Bechtel    blob@apple.com    "My opinion, not Apple's"