[comp.sys.mac] AppleShare and Remote Admin

GROSS@umiami.miami.edu (Jason Gross) (01/21/90)

In article <1323@husc6.harvard.edu>, siegel@endor.harvard.edu (Rich Siegel) writes:

> 	I agree with this, and an additional necessity is "remote-admin-to-
> server" commuication. I'm the administrator of the office server, and it's
> a real pain to have to run to the back room to do things like create
> a new group, or add users, or delete users, or perform AppleShare Print
> Server administration.
>
> 	A Remote Administrator would be *real nice*.
>
> R.

Well Farallon's Timbuktu will allow you to do what you want...but...

1) The admin password will be transmitted in the clear.
and
2) It can (not always!) slow things up while you use it.

But if you can live with these little things..then this'll be yer cure!

--
Jason Gross     Comp Sci Ugrad     University of Miami     Class of '91 (?)
Hey, wanna save the world? | Got sumtin' to say?        gross@umiami.bitnet