[comp.sys.mac] Sony disk return address?

lim@iris.ucdavis.edu (Lloyd Lim) (01/19/90)

I know that Sony has an address where you can send failed disks for
replacement.  I've done it before but I lost the address.  Can someone please
give it to me?  To those who don't know, Sony (and some other companies) give
a lifetime replacement policy for their disks.

To those reading at Apple, I only own ten high density disks for the FDHD in
my IIcx.  Four of these have failed.  I'm not just talking about getting write
errors, that's happened many times.  I'm talking about disks that fail to
reinitialize even after being exposed to a magnet.  The FDHD is not even very
reliable with 800K disks.  I've never complained publicly before about any
other piece of Apple hardware or software but frankly I'm sick of this piece of
shit.

+++
Lloyd Lim     Internet: lim@iris.ucdavis.edu (128.120.57.20)
              Compuserve: 72647,660
              US Mail: 146 Lysle Leach Hall, U.C. Davis, Davis, CA 95616

magik@chinet.chi.il.us (Ben Liberman) (01/20/90)

Sony Corporation 800-GET-SONY
(800-438-7669)

For exchange of defective disks:

SONY Corp.
Sony Drive
Park Ridge, NJ  07656

ATTN: ESTA STECKLER
	------------    ------------   ----------------------
	Ben Liberman    USENET         magik@chinet.chi.il.us
	                GEnie,Delphi   MAGIK

datta@cpsc.ucalgary.ca (Slarti) (01/21/90)

Sounds more like you have a bad box of disks.  I have used dozens of HD disks
my SuperDrive with no problems.

ADAM.FRIX@f200.n226.z1.FIDONET.ORG (ADAM FRIX) (01/21/90)

Lloyd Lim writes:

LL> I know that Sony has an address where you can send failed
LL> disks for replacement. I've done it before but I lost the
LL> address. Can someone please give it to me? To those who
LL> don't know, Sony (and some other companies) give a lifetime
LL> replacement policy for their disks.

(from the flyer from a box of Sony disks, taped to the file cabinet next
to my Mac:)
Sony Corporation
Sony Drive
Park Ridge, NJ  07656

--Adam--

^^^^^
The above statement expresses the views of the individual and does
not necessarily reflect the views or concerns of this place of origin.

--
ADAM FRIX via cmhGate - Net 226 fido<=>uucp gateway Col, OH
UUCP: ...!osu-cis!n8emr!cmhgate!200!ADAM.FRIX