[comp.sys.mac] IIci and NEC Multisync II

allan.richman@canremote.uucp (ALLAN RICHMAN) (01/07/90)

I recently bought a new Macintosh IIci computer and want to use my old
NEC Multisync II monitor with it.  I think that this is possible, but
am unsure of the cable that I require to make it all work.  Anyone who
has done this, or if anyone has any suggestions for me, they would be
greatly appreciated.

Allan Richman
---
 * Via ProDoor 3.1R

paulm@nikhefk.UUCP (Paul Molenaar) (01/21/90)

In article <90011904272675@masnet.uucp> allan.richman@canremote.uucp (ALLAN RICHMAN) writes:
>I recently bought a new Macintosh IIci computer and want to use my old
>NEC Multisync II monitor with it.  I think that this is possible, but
>am unsure of the cable that I require to make it all work.  Anyone who
>has done this, or if anyone has any suggestions for me, they would be
>greatly appreciated.
>
>Allan Richman
>---
> * Via ProDoor 3.1R

The new Nec MultiSync 3d comes with a small converter that changes the DB-15
videoport on the Mac (II-series) into a VGA-type connector. It's very useful
for hooking up non-Apple brand color monitors.

If interested, I can post the pin-out of this convertor (very easy to make
yourself)

Cheers,
        Paul Molenaar

	"Just checking the walls"