[comp.sys.mac] interFACE & HyperAnimator

ln0c+@andrew.cmu.edu (Leigh Nystrom) (01/20/90)

I'm interested in getting Bright Star Technology's interFACE face animator
software, and am wondering if anyone out there has used it.  It's an
extension of their earlier product, HyperAnimator, with which many of
you may be more familiar.  Any comments about HyperAnimator would also
be appreciated.

My specific interest is with synching sampled sounds with a speaking face, for
use with speech perception experiments.  I'm concerned with how difficult it
may be to precisely link phonemes to lip movements, how convincing the
illusion of the talking head is, as well as how many different face
pitctures interFACE comes with (I don't really want to have to digitize
tons of lip positions myself.

Thanks,

  --Leigh

<ln0c@andrew.cmu.edu> or <nystrom@b.psy.cmu.edu>

consp22@bingsune.cc.binghamton.edu (Darren Handler) (01/21/90)

 -> I'm interested in Bright Star Technology's interFACE face animator
 -> software, and am wondering if anyone out there has used it.  It's an
 -> extension of their earlier product, HyperAnimator, with which many of
 -> you may be more familiar.  Any comments about HyperAnimator would also
 -> be appreciated.

  If you have ever seen the TV show (the remake) of the 'Absent-Minded
Professor' starring Harry Anderson, of Night Court fame. They use a Mac
SE running this software to produce "Albert" a computer production of
Albert Einstein.  He brought it out once on the tonight show and it was
very impressive.  I am almost positive it will do what you want.

|  Consp22@Bingsuns.pod.binghamton.edu  |  SUNY-B Computer Consultants -      |
|  Consp22@Bingvaxu.cc.binghamton.edu   |  Trying to keep the world safe from |
|---------------------------------------|  the SUNY-B Computer users.         |
|  System Consultant - World Computers  |-------------------------------------|
|  Computer Cons. - SUNY Binghamton     |     Darren `Mac Hack' Handler       |
I don't know if I am going to heaven or hell, I just hope God grades on a curve

ralph@cbnewsj.ATT.COM (Ralph Brandi) (01/22/90)

In article <2827@bingvaxu.cc.binghamton.edu> consp22@bingsune.cc.binghamton.edu (Darren Handler) writes:

>  If you have ever seen the TV show (the remake) of the 'Absent-Minded
>Professor' starring Harry Anderson, of Night Court fame. They use a Mac
>SE running this software to produce "Albert" a computer production of

Well, actually they use a Mac II underneath the table to produce
Albert, then run him out using a specially designed video board that
syncs up with the 24 frames per second that they shoot the film at,
and feed that into a screen inside a Mac SE.  But yeah, they do use
the software....
--
Ralph Brandi     ralph@lzfme.att.com     att!lzfme!ralph

Work flows toward the competent until they are submerged.