[comp.sys.mac] Microtech Int. HD experiences?

zavdi@dduck.ctt.bellcore.com (Zavdi Lichtman) (01/23/90)

I'm considering buying a Microtech International Nova 40 (40 meg) external
hard drive, because:
they give 5 years warranty, its 110/220V, they use Quantum mechanism.
Microtech is asking $649. I did not see it in any mail order houses.
Any body had good or bad experience with these drives & Microtech ??
Thanks-zavdi
--usual disclaim...

jtn@potomac.ads.com (John T. Nelson) (01/23/90)

In article <19256@bellcore.bellcore.com>, zavdi@dduck.ctt.bellcore.com (Zavdi Lichtman) writes:
> I'm considering buying a Microtech International Nova 40 (40 meg) external
> hard drive, because:
> they give 5 years warranty, its 110/220V, they use Quantum mechanism.
> Microtech is asking $649. I did not see it in any mail order houses.
> Any body had good or bad experience with these drives & Microtech ??
> Thanks-zavdi

Microtech deals direct (i.e. you call Microtech they advertise).  How
can you beat a 5 year warrenty?  Some mailorder places are selling the
same kind of drive for a LOT less though.