[comp.sys.mac] comp.binaries.mac

ll12+@andrew.cmu.edu (Laura Ann Lemay) (12/07/88)

OK, heres the question guarantted to illicit the most mail....

Is there a moderator of comp.binaries.mac?   If there is, who should I
send stuff to?

Now, don't ALL of you send me mail about it.....

thankx --

-Laura

ll12+@andrew.cmu.edu

ll12+@andrew.cmu.edu (Laura Ann Lemay) (12/07/88)

Well, I got an answer already!  So NO ONE ELSE needs to send me mail!

Thanx!

-Laura

ll12+@andrew.cmu.edu

pasek@ncrcce.StPaul.NCR.COM (Michael A. Pasek) (01/23/90)

In <2848@cerberus.oakhill.UUCP> hunter@oakhill.UUCP (Hunter Scales) writes:
>willcox@urbana.mcd.mot.com (David A Willcox) writes:
>>About the question of demo programs on comp.binaries.mac ....
>>I think that a 12-part demo of a game program is way out of line.
>   I agree.  Perhaps"demos" and "crippleware" could be given a lower
>   priority in the queue than pd and/or other useful software.
I must concur.  Not only is the use of the net supposed to be "verboten" for
commercial use (granted the demo is free, but the idea is to get you to BUY
the real thing), but it just isn't in what I would consider the "Mac spirit"
to expect people to pay thru the nose for every byte of nifty software out
there.  Don't get me wrong -- there certainly is a market for commercial
software, and those people that put months of time into a software product
(when they could have made money doing something else) deserve some
remuneration for their efforts.  But to use the net for free advertising
is not right, nor is deferring "freeware" or "shareware" for this purpose.

M. A. Pasek          Switching Software Development         NCR Comten, Inc.
(612) 638-7668        CNG-er-PU4-er-MNI Development       2700 N. Snelling Ave.
pasek@c10sd3.StPaul.NCR.COM                               Roseville, MN  55113