[comp.sys.mac] Rolex watch --- kinda flame-ish reply

heap@bmc.uu.se (01/19/90)

[stuff about rolex deleted]

Come off it, will you! I read this group to read about
macs, not watches. Crosspost somwhere else, or rather
not at all - misc.forsale ought to suffice!

koenig@pelle.tdb.uu.se
Karl-Koenig Koenigsson
Dept. of Scientific Computing, Uppsala University, Sweden

dav@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (William David Haas) (01/22/90)

In article <2939.25b603b6@bmc.uu.se> heap@bmc.uu.se writes:
>[stuff about rolex deleted]
>
>Come off it, will you! I read this group to read about
>macs, not watches. Crosspost somwhere else, or rather
>not at all - misc.forsale ought to suffice!

Why don't you come off it.  You complain about cross-posting in a cross-posting
and then you set the follow-up to the group you don't want the articles in.
I read this group for forsale post.  I couldn't care less about a mac group.

Its obvious that the guy posting the rolex watch was following up an article
in misc.forsale that was cross-posted to some mac group.  Sending a message
directly to him saying you goofed would have sufficed.  The original poster
goofed when he set the to and follow-up to fields.

Chill out and think before you post.

wisner@hayes.fai.alaska.edu (Bill Wisner) (01/23/90)

In article <2939.25b603b6@bmc.uu.se> heap@bmc.uu.se writes:

>Come off it, will you! I read this group to read about
>macs, not watches.

You read alt.flame to read about macs?

Are you originally Finnish?

w.

glass@qtc.UUCP (David N. Glass) (01/23/90)

In article <2939.25b603b6@bmc.uu.se>, heap@bmc.uu.se writes:
> [stuff about rolex deleted]
>
> Come off it, will you! I read this group to read about
> macs, not watches. Crosspost somwhere else, or rather
> not at all - misc.forsale ought to suffice!

I've watched in snickering silence (if there is such a thing)
while you holier-than-thou folks rake this guy over the coals
for an inaccurate cross-post.  You never give the poor slob a
break, harping about not wanting to see his selling messages in
comp.sys.mac, all the while cross posting to misc.forsale, where
we expect to see items for sale and don't want to see your belly-aching!

If your going to complain about crossposts, why not take the time to
edit your own message so that you don't break your own rules?

Lighten up or wake up, but cut out the hypocritical crap!!

-- Dave Glass

lampi@pnet02.gryphon.com (Michael Lampi) (01/25/90)

wisner@hayes.fai.alaska.edu (Bill Wisner) writes:
>In article <2939.25b603b6@bmc.uu.se> heap@bmc.uu.se writes:
>
>>Come off it, will you! I read this group to read about
>>macs, not watches.
>
>You read alt.flame to read about macs?
>
>Are you originally Finnish?
>
>w.

How does one change one's nationality? Now I'm of Canadian extraction, last
week I was Czech, etc?  What does being Finnish have to do with this?

Michael Lampi               MDL Corporation   213/782-7888   fax 213/782-7927

UUCP: {ames!elroy, <routing site>}!gryphon!pnet02!lampi
INET: lampi@pnet02.gryphon.com
"My opinions are that of my corporation!"