[comp.sys.mac] AltWDEF vs. ResEdit

6600pete@ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu (01/25/90)

kc24+@andrew.cmu.edu (Keith Alexander Chapman) writes:
> [ AltWDEF 1.3 ] interferes with ResEdit (version 1.2d1 and 1.1b3, at least).
> ...when I try to open certain resources (many kinds, but I see no pattern),
> I get the message: "Couldn't get memory for a resource. [-192]"

I think Alex must have assumed that most people don't mess with ResEdit.
Unfortunately, it's the people who _do_ mess with ResEdit who influence
those who don't.

Just to add my own details, I'm running ResEdit 1.2 (release) and AltWDEF
1.5.3 (appearing soon at a sumex near you), and the problem is still there,
at least with DLOG resources. I haven't tried it with other resources
because I need to be hacking DLOGs all the time.
Hire this kid  | Mac, DOS, C, Pascal, asm, excellent communication skills