[comp.sys.mac] I need to display 3 seperate images on 3 monitors with 1 machine

meuchen@grad2.cis.upenn.edu (Paul Eric Menchen) (01/25/90)

In article <1990Jan23.212053.1129@bluemtn.uucp> perry@bluemtn.uucp (Perry Minyard (3MTA3)) writes:

>Here's a question for all you wizards out there.   I want to run 3 EGA/VGA
>monitors from one 386 machine, with three seperate images.   I know how to
>draw the images to three seperate pages in the ega/vga memory.  The question
>is how do I get them on three seperate monitors.
>
>What type of hardware is out there to do this?!!!   Please reply via Netmail
>or call me at 404-393-1100.

I couldn't resist after the big "Multiple monitors are useless" post.
Buy a Mac II family machine, three video cards, and three monitors.
Plug all three cards in hooked up to the monitors.  DO NOTHING
SPECIAL. DO NOT rewrite .bat, .startup, .rediculous files.  DO NOT use
a special program to jump from one monitor to the other.  DO NOT use
some special instruction or hack to make the computer think it's using
only one monitor.

Do use the control panel to lay the monitors out on your desk however
you want to and DO use any program you want to that is well written.

Paul Eric Menchen
meuchen@grad1.cis.upenn.edu