[comp.sys.mac] FastPath vs. GatorBoxskip/p

simpson@miavx1.acs.muohio.edu (02/01/90)

In article <38977.25C20370@cmhgate.FIDONET.ORG>, Kenneth.Garges@f135.n102.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Kenneth Garges) writes:
> The main difference between Fastpath IV and Gatorbox is that Fastpath
> supports TCP/IP and DecNet. The Gatorbox Supports Sun NFS. Both are likely
> to support both in the future, until then make your choice based on what
> you want to connect to.
>
> --

We are evaluating two Gatorboxes now. We purchased only the "standard"
software.  TCP/IP support that we have tested (and works)

NCSA telnet using NCSA IP code.
Mac TCP for all others including:
Peter DiCamillo's tn3270 telnet to ibm vm/cms with graphics support.
NCSA telnet for "standard" telnet.

the HyperFTP 1.0 stack for ftp transfer to many locations.

NCSA ftp support in NCSA telnet and DiCamillo's tn3270 derivative.

Mac TCP  resolves names and finds gateways.  Runs cleanly under multifinder.

The documentation describes "tunneling" appletalk in UDP packets.  We have
not tested this feature yet.