[comp.sys.mac] Occasional blank monitor on mac plus

pasek@ncrcce.StPaul.NCR.COM (Michael A. Pasek) (02/02/90)

mustang@spock.UUCP (N. McNeight) writes:
>One of the Macs' here in our computer center does that. [remainder deleted]

This also happened to one of my Macs (vintage 1984).  The problem in almost
all cases is a deteriorated solder connection on the "Analog" board.  In my
case, it was on one of the Molex connectors.  I would suggest both of you
check with some of the "refurbishing" places that have been listed in the
Mac newsgroups lately and get your Macs fixed (it should be relatively
inexpensive -- DON'T take it to your normal dealer, because they's just swap
out the board and charge you an arm and a leg).  Note (as the two above
probably have) that this problem ONLY affects the video display -- the logic
portion of your Mac is just fine (although it is scary as **** the first time
it happens!).

M. A. Pasek          Switching Software Development         NCR Comten, Inc.
(612) 638-7668        CNG-er-PU4-er-MNI Development       2700 N. Snelling Ave.
pasek@c10sd3.StPaul.NCR.COM                               Roseville, MN  55113