[comp.sys.mac] PostScript reference books

briand@tekig5.PEN.TEK.COM (Brian D Diehm) (02/02/90)

> Addison make several very good books on the Postscript language.  They are
> frequently referenced by the color of the cover, ie the RED BOOK or the
> BLUE book. Both are soft cover books of about 250-300 pages each. These are:
>
>   PostScript: Language Reference Manual by Adobe Systems Inc (RED BOOK)
>
>   PostScript: Language Tutorial & cookbook by Adobe Systems Inc (BLUE BOOK)
>              (Addison-Wesley)

There is a third volume out, the GREEN book, that has extensive and detailed
programming examples. It talks about program structure more than commands.

--
-Brian Diehm
Tektronix, Inc.                (503) 627-3437         briand@tekig5.PEN.TEK.COM

gat@cacs.usl.edu (Gary A. Thompson) (02/02/90)

-
-There is a third volume out, the GREEN book, that has extensive and detailed
-programming examples. It talks about program structure more than commands.

I have found  _Real World Postscript_ edited by Stephen Roth from
Addison-Wesley to be pretty useful.  It is a collection of "tutorials" by
professionals who use PostScript in their work.  There are some fairly
advanced topics covered that you probably won't find anywhere else.

Gary Thompson
gat@gator.cacs.usl.edu