[comp.sys.mac] Pagemaker Pages?

thompson@m.cs.uiuc.edu (02/02/90)

Even after wading through what seemed like most of the manual for Pagemaker
 3.01, I still can't seem to find a way to print two *logical* pages on
 one *physical* page.  Specifically, I'm printing a newsletter, and the page
 size is half of an 8.5 x 11 page, so we can fold them in half and make
 a simple newsletter.  But how can I do that without having a logical
 Pagemaker page span two actually-logical newsletter pages?

If I could get it to automatically figure out what pages need to be printed
 next to what others, that would be even better.

Thanks for any suggestions...

- Mark Thompson                        BITNET,INTERNET: m-thompson@uiuc.edu
  Grad Student With A Mac

clarson@ux.acs.umn.edu (Chaz Larson) (02/02/90)

In article <8400227@m.cs.uiuc.edu> thompson@m.cs.uiuc.edu writes:

> I still can't seem to find a way to print two *logical* pages on
> one *physical* page.  Specifically, I'm printing a newsletter, and the page
> size is half of an 8.5 x 11 page, so we can fold them in half and make
> a simple newsletter.  But how can I do that without having a logical
> Pagemaker page span two actually-logical newsletter pages?
>
>If I could get it to automatically figure out what pages need to be printed
> next to what others, that would be even better.

There is a shareware program called "Pocketbook Writer" [or something like that]that will do this.  What you do is output your Pagemaker file into a Postscript
file [using the command-K or F trick] then feed it into PocketBook Writer,
which will print the booklet pages in proper order.  E-mail me if you can't
find it through your regular channels.

<chaz>

                 Chaz Larson - clarson@ux.acs.umn.edu
            "Hey, I'm no Jack Kennedy..." - Flaming Carrot

jimvons@ashtate (Jim von Schmacht) (02/03/90)

Set page size to 8 1/2 by 11 LANDSCAPE (horizontal) then use guides to divide up
the page into 2 sections (bifold) or 3 sections (trifold).  This is what we used
and it worked great!

--
Jim von Schmacht    Senior Member, Project Test Staff    Ashton Tate Corporation
Disclaimer: Standard Issue