[comp.sys.mac] SCSI Accelerator: experiences?

ssaunder@Teknowledge.COM (Steve Saunders) (01/25/90)

Would those who have used, or seriously tried, the SCSI Accelerator 2.1
INIT please post your conclusions briefly --

Is that really the latest or best version?

Does it work?  Reliably?  On what configuration of Mac and disk models?

What dangers or incompatibilities did you find (beyond those in the
documentation)?  What tricks are there to getting it installed?

How much acceleration did you actually get?  Should I expect it to be
worthwhile on my Mac Plus and Seagate ST-277N with UniMac driver?

What options, variations, or tweaks have you found useful?

Thanks!

==   Steve Saunders    1-415-424-0500 ext 418     ssaunder@teknowledge.com  ==
==       Cimflex Teknowledge Corporation,  Knowledge Systems Division       ==
==    1810 Embarcadero Road, P.O.Box 10119, Palo Alto CA 94303-3308 USA     ==
--

dac@zehntel.zehntel.com (Dennis Carlson) (02/02/90)

In article <39383.25C65AEC@cmhgate.FIDONET.ORG> ADAM.FRIX@f200.n226.z1.FIDONET.ORG (ADAM FRIX) writes:
>Kevin Mitchell writes:
>
>KM> I'm using the SCSI accelerator on my Plus, and was able to
>KM> increase the speed of my MicroNet DS-80 (Seagate drive
>KM> inside, don't know the model) by about 4x.

Does anybody know if this program would help speed up a Microtech N80?
and if so, what would be the settings?
please E-mail your responses

 The opinions here are true. The author, however, is the product
 of a demented imagination.	        ucbvax-\
 		   	                sun-----}-!zehntel!dac
			                varian-/

ts@cup.portal.com (Tim W Smith) (02/04/90)

I think the drive itself has a lot to do with it.  The driver I wrote
does not do anything funny like bypass the SCSI Manager ( I don't do
5380 code.  If it's a 5390 or a 53700, we can talk... ).

Yet when I see benchmarks in magazines, I note that the company I wrote
this driver for places quite well.  So what's going on?

						Tim Smith