[comp.sys.mac] Looking for SCSI accelerator

johnt@seila.UUCP (john grant) (02/02/90)

	There has been some discussion of late about SCSI accelerator, which
if I recall correctly is an INIT that speeds some of the Mac's ROM code,
specifically improving some of the data fetching routines (?).

	However, I can't find a copy anywhere, is there some kind soul
who could mail it to me (no ftp access stymies other approaches) ?

				John

cmm1@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu (Christopher M Mauritz) (02/03/90)

In article <460@seila.UUCP> johnt@seila.UUCP (john grant) writes:

>	There has been some discussion of late about SCSI accelerator, which
>if I recall correctly is an INIT that speeds some of the Mac's ROM code,
>specifically improving some of the data fetching routines (?).
>
>	However, I can't find a copy anywhere, is there some kind soul
>who could mail it to me (no ftp access stymies other approaches) ?
>

>				John

I'd be interested in getting this code too.  My Mac IIcx seems to constantly
be bogged down by my hard drive.

Chris

------------------------------+---------------------------
Chris Mauritz                 |Where there's a BEER,
cmm1@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu   |there's a plan.
(c)All rights reserved.       |
Send flames to /dev/null      |Need I say more?
------------------------------+---------------------------

dolf@fwi.uva.nl (Dolf Starreveld) (02/03/90)

johnt@seila.UUCP (john grant) writes:
> 	There has been some discussion of late about SCSI accelerator, which
> if I recall correctly is an INIT that speeds some of the Mac's ROM code,
> specifically improving some of the data fetching routines (?).
> 	However, I can't find a copy anywhere, is there some kind soul
> who could mail it to me (no ftp access stymies other approaches) ?
I am no longer sending out copies of my SCSI-Accellerator INIT.
Within a week or two I hope to have finished the new version, which will
also allow user control through a control panel device. That one will be
posted as soon as possible.

--dolf

Dolf Starreveld  Phone: +31 20 592 5056/5022 (FAX: 5155), TELEX: 10262 HEF NL
EMAIL:           dolf@fwi.uva.nl (dolf%fwi.uva.nl@hp4nl.nluug.nl)
SNAIL:           Dept. of Math. and Computing Science, University of Amsterdam,
                 Kruislaan 409, NL-1098 SJ  Amsterdam, The Netherlands

clarson@ux.acs.umn.edu (Chaz Larson) (02/05/90)

In article <2783@cunixc.cc.columbia.edu> cmm1@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu (Christopher M Mauritz) writes:
>[speaking about SCSI Accelerator INIT]
>I'd be interested in getting this code too.  My Mac IIcx seems to constantly
>be bogged down by my hard drive.
>
>Chris

SCSI Accelerator was written explicitly for the Macintosh Plus, and will have
no effect on other Macintosh models.  The author has indicated elsewhere on
comp.sys.mac that he is a week or two away from releasing a new version, so this

may change with that version.  As I recall, the patching that SCSI Accelerator
does has already been done in ROM or System Software on the SE and beyond.

<chaz>

                 Chaz Larson - clarson@ux.acs.umn.edu
            "Hey, I'm no Jack Kennedy..." - Flaming Carrot