[comp.sys.mac] Re^2: FTP'ing large files....

news@blackbird.afit.af.mil (News System Account) (02/05/90)

In article <5592@blake.acs.washington.edu> ramsiri@blake.acs.washington.edu (Enartloc Nhoj) writes:
{deleted several other references}

>>>After getting all of the pieces of the file, how do you put it back together
>>>again?  I tried "cat'ing" the files together on my UNIX host, but when I
>>>{deleted remainder of this  message}

>>{deleted all this message}

>I have spent the last couple of years FTP'ing and collecting
>thousands of files in the ST environment.  When i was a neo
>UNIX user.. i was using the standard uuencode and uudecode
>{deleted some}
>Anyway,  what has developed over the past couple of years and works
>exceptionally well int he Atari world is a program called uux
>{deleted a bunch}
>Would be nice if mac FTP files were in this format.....!

I encourage you to get "United" from the sumex info-mac/util directory.
I takes all the grief out of piecing together multi-part ".hqx" files.
Once you transfer all the parts to your Mac, start United, give it
an output file name, then give it the name of the parts.  United reads
each part, strips out any non-BinHex stuff and pastes the parts together.
I've heard a couple of complaints about United, but I've used it quite
a bit and never had a problem.

Bob Pugh                         rpugh@galaxy.afit.af.mil